Our Performing Arts THeatre School offers many opportunities throughout the year for children from ages 4-18 to be involved at ArtsView. Here is a list of the PATHS events we offer. (Click on the title of an underlined event for more information.)
To see a list of current and upcoming PATHS events, see the Education tab at the top of this website.
Keep up with the lastest news and information for your PATHS event through the PATHS blog!
- Camps - Meet daily for 2 weeks and culminating in a production with ticketed performances. Our production camps are both process & production oriented; they include technical aspects such as costumes, lights, and minimal set. Tuition includes a camp t-shirt, 2 tickets to dress rehearsal performance, script, CD, and supplies.
- Mini-Camps – Meet daily for 1-2 weeks and are either a ‘Learn and Share’ camp (Parents are invited to attend the final 15 minutes of EACH session to observe what the participants are doing.) OR a ‘Showcase’ camp (A Showcase Performance is a time set aside on the last day for students to share some of what they have learned, demonstrating the process of theatre education.) The focus of mini camps is process-oriented. Tuition includes a PATHS t-shirt and all supplies.
- Classes – Meet weekly over a specified time period and are either a ‘Learn and Share’ class (Parents are invited to attend the final 15 minutes of EACH session to observe what the participants are doing. There is no final performance.) OR a ‘Showcase’ class. (A Showcase Performance is a time set aside on the last day for students to share some of what they have learned, demonstrating the process of theatre education.) The focus is completely on the process – whether it be creative dramatics, acting skills, tech areas, dance, music, or visual arts. Tuition includes a PATHS t-shirt and all supplies.
- Workshops – Meet one time, focusing on a specific topic, and are totally process-oriented. Tuition includes all supplies, but does NOT include a showcase performance or a t-shirt.
How To Audition Workshop – Come spend a Saturday morning getting the “inside scoop” on auditioning at ArtsView just in time for the upcoming auditions!
- Apprentice Program – ArtsView Children’s Theatre abounds with opportunities for motivated young people, ages 13-18, who love to learn, aren’t afraid to try new things, step up to challenges, and enjoy creating with others. This is what being an ArtsView apprentice is all about!
- Intern Program – ArtsView Children’s Theatre actively encourages and solicits College Interns year round in all areas and for all PATHS events.
- Annual Playwright Contest – ArtsView Children’s Theatre is looking for ORIGINAL WORKS to be showcased in our ORIGINAL WORKS CAMP. The winning plays will be brought to life by students in this camp, receiving either fully staged productions or staged readings. The theme for 2012-2013 is Galaxy Quest: Space Stories that are OUT OF THIS WORLD!
- Scholarship Program – The ArtsView Children’s Theatre College Scholarship Program is established for students who live in the greater Longview area. The students must currently be in attendance of a high school program. The ArtsView Children’s Theatre Board of Directors administers the annual ArtsView Children’s Theatre College Scholarship. CLICK HERE for College Scholarship Application Form.
- Super Saturday – FREE one-day workshops offered on select Saturdays throughout the year. This is the perfect opportunity to come visit ArtsView, explore what we are about, and see what you can do at ArtsView Children’s Theatre!
It is the policy of ArtsView Children’s Theatre to afford equal opportunity to all, and to discriminate against none regardless of race, age, origin, religion, sex or disability.