ArtsView College Scholarship Program
The ArtsView Children’s Theatre College Scholarship Program is established for students who live in the greater Longview area. The students must currently be in attendance of a high school program. The ArtsView Children’s Theatre Board of Directors administers the annual ArtsView Children’s Theatre College Scholarship. The purpose is to identify and honor high school students and to aid as many as possible. The deadline to submit a scholarship application is Friday, April 7th. Recipients will be announced Monday, May 1st.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Students who will be completing secondary school or have graduated from high school, or have received their G.E.D, and who are U.S. citizens are eligible to apply. High School students must apply during their senior year. Experience at ArtsView is not required, however will add favorably to the scoring outcome.
Each scholarship recipient must either enter an accredited U.S. college the following fall semester as a full-time student and pursue a course of study leading to either an associate of arts or baccalaureate degree or enter an accredited technical school.
HOW ARE WINNERS SELECTED?
All ArtsView Children’s Theatre scholarship recipient(s) will be chosen from submitted scholarship applications. Any interested student should submit a completed application by the deadline in the Scholarship Application Packet.
An impartial committee will select the recipient(s) by evaluating each eligible student’s application. Applications will include grades, letters of reference, and one page essay.
Applicants will be judged on:
- Preparedness to begin college or technical school
- Pvidence of prior scholastic achievement
- Evidence of community involvement, including theatre related experiences
- Clearly-stated educational objectives and career goals
Scholarship recipient(s) will be selected without regard to financial need.
WHAT IS THE AMOUNT OF THE AWARD?
The ArtsView Children’s Theatre scholarship will be a one-time payment determined by the ArtsView Children’s Theatre Scholarship Committee.
WHAT ARE MY OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES IF I AM AWARDED?
The scholarship recipient is responsible to complete the following:
- Submit a letter of acceptance of the award.
- Submit proof of college/technical school acceptance prior to the disbursement.
- Make admission arrangements and fulfill all requirements of the school chosen. The college, university or technical school must be accredited and located in the United States.
- Enter college or technical school as a full-time student in the fall term following selection.
- Make normal academic progress. While honor grades are not required, scholarship winners have a responsibility to do quality work.
WHO HANDLES SCHOLARSHIP PROCEDURES?
All phases of the competition, including selection of recipient(s), determination of the amount of the scholarship stipends and payment of stipend(s) for scholarship(s) are handled by the ArtsView Children’s Theatre Scholarship Committee with Board approval. All decisions are final.
REQUIREMENTS OF STUDENTS APPLYING FOR SCHOLARSHIP
- Completed application
- Two letters of references (at least one from a professional, such as a teacher, counselor, or employer)
- High school transcript of grades
- One page essay, double-spaced, typed, describing 1) examples of personal involvement in the community including theatre related experiences, 2) your career goals, and 3) how this award would benefit you
- Resume of experiences in the theatre (include dates, locations, titles)
- SAT or ACT score
- Scholarship winner must submit a copy of a letter of acceptance from an accredited school before award is issued
WHO CAN ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS I MAY HAVE?
Questions can be addressed to:
ArtsView Children’s Theatre Scholarship Program
Attn: Alisha Kimbley, PATHS Director
313 W. Tyler Street
Longview, Texas 75601