Audition Sign-ups Begin Monday, December 4th!
A Play by
Goldilocks on Trial
is presented through special arrangement with Playscripts, Inc.
~Special Thanks to the City of Longview ~
ArtsView Children’s Theatre wishes to thank the Cultural Activities Advisory Commission for their continuing support of selected productions and musicals
Spring Production Ages 10-18
Auditions: January 18-20, 2018
Evenings: March 8-10 at 7:00pm
Matinee: March 10 & 11 at 2:00pm
Audition Location, Dates, & Times
Audition Sign-Up Online: December 4, 2017 – January 17, 2018
Location: ArtsView Children’s Theatre, 313 West Tyler St., Longview, TX 75601
Auditions: Thursday & Friday – January 18 and 19, 5:30 – 8:30pm
Callbacks: Saturday, January 20, 10:00am-2:00pm – Callback List posted by 9:30pm Friday, January 19 (on website, Facebook, and ACT door).
Cast List: Posted by 7:00pm, Saturday, January 20 (on website, Facebook, & ACT door)
If cast, there is a $50 supply fee which includes script, T-shirt, costumes, and production supplies.
*Participation in auditions does not guarantee a role in the production.*
~ See audition details below ~
Goldilocks is on trial for breaking and entering. Will she be found guilty and sent to prison, or will the truth come out? It’s up to Judge Wallabee and some very silly jurors to decide, after hearing testimony from Goldee, the bickering Three Bears, and surprise witness Merwin the Big Bad Wolf, among others.
The director will be looking for actors who can read the assigned roles with personality and depth.
Melvin The Bailiff
District Attorney (DA) Muffinhead
Goldee Wynn Locks
Baby Bear (Tiffannii)
The Little Pig who was not eaten by the Wolf
Merwin the Big Bad Wolf
Sign Up Online December 4, 2017 – January 17, 2018
Members of the audition panel are looking for actors with individuality, energy, the ability to take direction, and the ability to cooperate in a group. During auditions, actors are encouraged to perform actions and dialogue that will best represent the characters in the play. This will help the panel determine which role may be best for you!
A successful audition means accomplishing the following goals:
1. Do the best you can that day. Be confident and focus on having a good audition, instead of simply getting cast.
2. Learn something. Never leave an audition/call back without learning a new acting trick, new audition material, or making a new friend.
3. Have Fun! Yes, “Acting is Reacting,” BUT….it’s also PRETENDING! It’s time to PLAY!
We are excited about this production of Goldilocks on Trial, and invite all who love theatre to audition!
- Print the Audition Information Sheets found here. Fill them out and bring them with you to auditions. Please include a resume of prior theatrical experience as well as a recent photo/headshot of yourself. These will not be returned to you.
- Check the Rehearsal Dates & Performance Dates (also see January – March calendars here) for scheduling conflicts. Be sure to list these on your Audition Information Sheets.
- Please wear comfortable, modest clothing and athletic sneakers, dance sneakers, or jazz shoes.
- No monologue is required. Auditioners will be reading from the script.
**As part of ArtsView’s child safety policy, clear background checks are a prerequisite for all ArtsView participants, volunteers, staff, and production team members, ages 18 & up.
What to Expect at Auditions
- Arrive 10 minutes before your audition time. Plan on staying for the entire time.
- Sign in and have your picture taken (if needed).
- Go over Audition Information Sheets to make sure you have marked all conflicts (see January – March calendars here). Attach photo & turn in paperwork.
- Auditions are closed. This means that only actors are allowed in the audition room. Parents may pick you up after auditions are concluded.
- Auditions will include reading from the script and character movement. Be willing to “try” any direction the audition panel may give you.
- After auditioning, you will be escorted out with your group and will be free to go.
What to Expect at Callbacks
- If you are called back, it simply means the director needs to see you again before casting. If requested to attend callbacks, please return to ArtsView on Saturday, January 20th from 10:00-2:00. Participation in callbacks does not guarantee a role in the production
- Please plan to stay the entire time. Check in at the front desk. You will receive a name tag to be worn on your RIGHT SHOULDER.
- Dress requirements are the same as the audition.
- Callbacks are closed. This means that only actors are allowed in the audition room. Parents may pick you up after callbacks are concluded.
- There will be a short discussion regarding the agenda for callbacks.
- Actors will participate in vocal and physical warm-ups as a group.
- You will read excerpts from the script with other actors and/or by yourself. Be prepared to read for all parts.
- You will be asked to sing different vocal parts.
The Cast List will be posted on the front door at ArtsView, on Facebook, and on our website by 7:00pm, January 20th.
*If cast there is a $50 supply fee which includes a script, T-shirt, costumes, and all production supplies.
Auditioning is hard work! Congratulations on your amazing accomplishment!!!
All rehearsals will be held at ArtsView Children’s Theatre.
~ Parent/Participant Meeting with Rehearsal following – Monday, January 22, parents, participants, and production team meet from 6:00 – 6:30pm. Please print Participant Packet emailed to you, fill out, and bring to this meeting. *Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to the Participant Meeting. Following the meeting, cast members will have rehearsal until 8:30pm. All rehearsals are closed, parents may pick up after rehearsal is over.
~ Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, January 22 – February 22, 6:00 – 8:30pm. February 26 – March 1, 6:00 – 9:00pm.
~ Friday – March 2 6:00 – 8:30pm is TBA – please keep this date open as reherasal may be called if needed. This is required.
~ Saturdays – February 3 & 17, 10:00am – 3:00pm. March 3, 10:00am – 5:00pm. These are required.
~Tech Week: Monday – Friday, March 5-9, 4:00 – 9:00pm (call times apply)
~ Wednesday, March 7, 7:00pm – Final Dress Rehearsal
*See January – March calendars here.
*Participants each receive 2 seats to dress rehearsal. These are only for the dress rehearsal performance on Wednesday, March 7. All other performances require purchased tickets to attend.
*Rehearsal call times and release times may vary beginning 2 weeks prior to performances.
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday – March 8-10, 2018 at 7:00pm
Saturday, and Sunday – March 10 & 11, 2018 at 2:00pm
Tickets on sale Monday, January 29, 2018
$12 Online, $15 in office, by phone, or at the door
See our website: